Bravo.TV – Most Wanted
Freelance Writer | New York, NY | February 2017 — present
Pitch, write, and build four articles per month for Bravo’s shopping vertical Most Wanted.
Marketing Manager, Integrated Content and Social Media
Long Island City, NY | March 2017 — present
Associate Marketing Manager, Integrated Content and Social Media
Long Island City, NY | March 2015 — March 2017
Manage the social media accounts for FreshDirect.com:
- Manage the social media accounts for FreshDirect.com:
- Tell our brand storm on every social platform. Brainstorm, schedule, and manage all social posts for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, with more than 100,000 followers and fans.
- FreshDirect averages 340K brand impressions per month.
- Work with all facets of the company from merchant leads to HR to acquisition and retention marketing to plan posts about our food offerings, company-wide events, job listings, and more.
- Like, comment, and interact with customers on all social platforms. (Excluding some customer service interactions.)
- Track and collect all data and impressions, and provide monthly analytics and metrics reports on all social accounts, brand exposure, and blog page views.
- Manage and write for Sourced, the FreshDirect blog, which receives more than 50,000 unique views per month.
- Brainstorm and execute all recipe content from testing, shooting, writing, and sharing the recipes.
- Manage social media influencer activations and events from inception to completion.
- Coordinate social posts with paid and unpaid partner brands.
- Work closely with shopper marketing to promote paid promotions. Work with brands to provide them assets for sponsored posts and vice versa.
- Brainstorm, plan, and manage all social and content photoshoots; act as the eyes of the brand on site:
- Assist with prop and food styling.
- These photos hit all parts of the website from banners, emails, digital acquisition and retention ads, out-of-home campaigns, and social media posts.
- Collaborated on official brand photography guide by deciding lighting and propping guides, photography angles, and more.
- Write all copy for FD’s desktop and mobile homepage, which updates weekly.
- Connect the dots with weekly homepage promotion and what is scheduled to social media platforms.
- Formulate decks such as brand guidelines for wines and spirits promotions, social media photography rules, and more.
- Assist with brainstorming and executing recipe-style videos. Work closely with video team to plan and coordinate all shoots.
- Plan and host “InstaMeet” events for influencers.
- Invite and manage influencer RSVP list; work with design team on invite and on-site signage and branding; order food and props; style event space with decor and food.
- Manage interns.
- Assist with the social branding of internal brands, such as the FreshDirect’s sister brand, FoodKick, FD’s Meal Kit program, Washington D.C. expansion, and the rebranding of our office delivery service.
- Work with PR team on reaching out to influencers and brands and providing relevant information for press pitches.
- Use tools and create monthly reports to generate internal excitement and education about FreshDirect’s social media and blog presence.
Good Housekeeping – Hearst Digital Media
Health and Beauty Web Editor
New York, NY | April 2014 — March 2015
Oversee and manage all editorial-related tasks for the beauty and health verticals on GoodHousekeeping.com:
- Brainstorm, conceptualize, and write up to four pieces of original content a day, including short blog posts, reported articles, and slideshows averaging 30-40 stories and driving more than 250,000 views monthly
- Manage and edit features from freelancers, magazine sta, and the Good Housekeeping Research Institute
- Repurpose magazine content so it will succeed in the digital space
- Update existing content based on SEO and trac goals
- Mine Hearst’s sister sites for potential stories to clone onto GH.com
- Produce all of the health and beauty content in Hearst’s CMS
- Research and size all photos in Photoshop
- Schedule and manage the production calendar for the health and beauty channels
iVillage.com – NBC Universal
Associate Lifestyles Editor
New York, NY | February 2012 — April 2014
- Aid the senior editors of the lifestyles team — Beauty & Style, Home & Garden and Food channels — with production-related tasks
- Support the lifestyles team by monitoring and fixing HTML and Drupal issues
- Produce multiple slideshows, multi-pic articles, articles and recipes each week using Drupal and simple HTML coding
- Research and write relevant blog news posts in a timely manner
- Research and write extensive slideshows and multi-pic articles
- Assist with editing slideshows and articles
- Organize sold packages, communicate directly with the marketing and sales teams to see the execution of sold packages/content
- Troubleshoot grammar, style and HTML issues in articles and slideshows
- Size and edit photos for slideshows, multi-pic articles and articles
- Help the sales team with various coding projects
- Update the homepage as the emergency go-to staff member when the full-time Senior Homepage Editor cannot fulfill her duties
- Create and track invoices for the Beauty, Food and Home channels
- Monitor freelancer payment schedules of 40+ freelancers using QuickBase and track any issues with the finance department
- Communicate directly with 20+ freelance writers, act as a liason between the head editor and the writers
- Update, build and keep track of the Home & Garden newsletters; communicate and work with the newsletter team on the Home and Food newsletters
- Schedule, update and monitor new and upcoming content for the Home channel
- Call in recipes for iVillage permission for up to three cookbooks each week
- Recruit, train, monitor and lead interns
- Assist the social media manager with planning and filming Vine videos
- Partake in Twitter and Pinterest “parties”
- Manage (pitch, assign, edit, produce, publish) 3-6 viral stories a day
New York, NY | August 2011 — February 2012
- Supported the entire Editorial and Sales & Marketing teams at iVillage as the only web producer (full-time, contracted employee)
- Produced content including up to ten articles and dozens of slide shows each week using Drupal, as well as built dozens of recipes each month
- Translated the needs of the Sales & Marketing staff for integrated sponsored content
- Researched, wrote and coded blog posts
- Researched, edited and sized photos for multiple slideshows
- Helped the Editorial and Marketing teams with various coding projects (Bridal Style Pile, Moen Bathroom Tool and Dream Kitchen Tool)
- Trained new editorial interns
Freelance Writer, Editor & Producer
Telecommute | August 2010 — July 2011
- Aided the iVillage Pregnancy & Parenting staff with writing and editing tasks as a part-time telecommute freelancer
- Aided the team with extensive editing, story and photo research projects
- Converted dozens of old Love & Sex articles and slideshows into new galleries
- Increased Love & Sex newsletter traffic by 571% with the slideshow conversions
- Updated outdated content with new links, text and images
- Created and updated “Eyebrow Titles” (a tagging tool) for every piece of existing Pregnancy & Parenting content including articles, slideshows and Q&As
New York, NY | June 2010 — August 2010
- Wrote and edited stories as a full-time editorial intern with iVillage‘s Pregnancy & Parenting team
- Updated weekly newsletters using Vignette
- Corrected HMTL issues using Drupal
- Created contact sheets in Excel
- Conducted market research using Omniture
- Collaborated on potential stories
- Researched photos
- Proficiency with AP Style, Basecamp, Bitly, Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress), HootSuite, HootSuite Insights, Mac and PC operating systems, MS Office, Omniture, PicMonkey, QuarkXPress, SEO, Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr, Twitter) Union Metrics
- Experience with Brightcove, BrightEdge, Chart Beat, CrowdTangle, Final Cut, Google AdWords, HTML, InDesign, Photoshop, Quickbase, Vignette, Wochit, YouTube
- Fluent in Spanish
Athens, Ohio | August 2007 – June 2011
EW Scripps School of Journalism – BSJ in Magazine Journalism
College of Arts and Sciences – BA in Spanish
Universidad de Castilla la Mancha
Toledo, Spain | January 2009 – June 2009
Study abroad winter and spring quarters 2009
University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio | Summer 2008 and 2009
Cumulative GPA: 3.905